Followers

Powered by Blogger.

DOCTOR TO PATIENT

Posted by Healthy Life Style Saturday, April 16, 2011

Can Soaps & Detergents Cause a Rash?
For years, patients have been coming to my office with eczema, complaining that they had changed their soaps and detergents but their rashes had not gone away.

The first thing I always tell them is: "Contrary to what you've heard, eczema is rarely, if ever, caused by soaps and detergents."

I say this because it fits with my experience. People get rashes when they haven't used anything different, and they don't become consistently better if they keep shifting products in a futile effort to locate the culprit in the laundry.

And now -- at last! -- there is published scientific evidence to back up my experience.
Is soap to blame for allergic contact dermatitis? »

0 comments

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Healthy Life Style
View my complete profile